U9 GRAND SLAM - 2018 Season (born 2009 and 2010)
Register at this link: RRVB Online Central Registration (http://redrivervalleybaseball.bonzidev.com/playerreg)
- create your member account now to expedite registration when the portal opens in mid February
- select Springfield Minor Baseball as your community club
Cost: $80 (online credit card, cheque or cash in person at OBCC Feb 26 and March 12)
Age Advancing: Parents must complete the RRVB online form prior to registration closing and players will be evaluated.
Nights of Play: Tuesday and Thursday
Home Diamond: to be confirmed
Coach Volunteers: must register through the RRVB Coaches Online Registration Portal (http://redrivervalleybaseball.bonzidev.com/coachesreg)
Many volunteers are needed to organize and manage a Grand Slam team. Parents interested in coaching should reference the RRVB Coaches Den webpage for details on clinics and requirements you will need for 2018 season.
Grand Slam is for boys and girls age 8 or 9. Grand Slam ball is a fun league designed and sanctioned by Baseball Canada for the development of skill in preparation for Mosquito ball. In Grand Slam, pitching is done either with a pitching machine or with coaches pitching. No score is kept and all players bat every inning. Coaches are encouraged to be on the field to instruct (not physically aid) players. Grand Slam is a really fun level and does not require players to have played Rally Cap previously. It's a great introduction to Baseball.
Some players that have played Rally Cap from a young age appear to be ready for Grand Slam ball at the age of 7 (born in 2011). Age advancement is permitted and will require parents to complete the online form as noted above. Parents, please be sure communicate requests for car pooling, coaches, players, siblings to be on the same team when registering. We will try to accommodate requests as best as possible. Springfield teams will be scheduled to play other RRVB community clubs so some travel will be required to Gateway, Victoria Jason (Transcona), East St. Paul and East Selkirk diamonds. The Grand Slam Jamboree is fun weekend event in May organized by the league at the Gateway Rec Centre and is part of the regular league schedule.
For players that are 9 yrs old and demonstrate some skill, age advancing to Mosquito may be a consideration. Parents, please complete the separate online form at the same time as registration for this assessment to be done. Requests AFTER registration will not be accommodated.
Springfield Braves Grand Slam Uniform & Equipment
- Braves cap, supplied for player to keep, label with your name
- Numbered Jersey, supplied for use during the season ($30 jersey bond cheque required 1st practice, payable to SMBA, posted dated July 1, 2018)
- Long pants such as sweats, jeans or gray baseball pants, player to supply
- Batting Helmet, player to supply
- Baseball Glove, player to supply
- Running Shoes or Baseball Cleats, player to supply (cleats are recommended but are not a requirement)
- SMBA will supply bats and catchers equipment